Throughout this course you will experience a day in the life of Jacob, a First Officer of a commercial airline, who participates in an ‘open day’ of a local ATC center.
He will meet Olivia, a controller who’s handling an upper airspace sector there as well as Rob, who is a training captain and his colleague. Olivia and Rob will help Jacob to gain sophisticated knowledge about various topics regarding ADS-B In and Out.
The content is relevant for aeroplanes and helicopters >5700kg.
This training is based on the following regulations:
• EU Regulation 1207/2011
• EU Regulation 2020/587
• SESAR Deployment Manager - ADS-B
• FAA 14 CFR § 91.225
• FAA AC 20-165A, AC 90-114B
• CS ACNS.D.ADSB
• ICAO ADS-B IMPLEMENTATION AND OPERATIONS GUIDANCE DOCUMENT
Scope, Terms, Rules & Definitions
• Aircraft Identification (Flight ID)
• Message elements & generic messages
• Connection between Transponder & ADSB
• Technical failure & MEL
• Contingency Procedures